Individual taxpayers can access their IRS tax information through a secure account page on the IRS website.
Available online services
From your secure account page you can view:
Total outstanding amounts owed
Remaining balance by tax year
24 months of payment history
Past tax records
Key details from your most recent tax return
Information is updated every 24 hours, with payments shown 1-3 weeks after payment date.
From your account you can also:
Make payments from your bank account or credit card
Apply for a payment plan
Get an Identity Protection PIN
Get transcripts of tax returns for the past three years
Create an online account
You must create a free secure login to use the service.
You will need:
- An email address
- Your Social Security Number or ITIN
- Your filing status and address from your most recent filed tax return
- An account number from a personal account (such as a credit card, student loan, mortgage loan or HELOC, or auto loan)
- Any Experian credit freezes temporarily lifted
- A mobile device that can receive text messages and is associated with your name (if unavailable, activation code will be sent by mail)
For more information and other methods of registering, visit the IRS Secure Access page.